6 things to expect from your Botox Treatment
Botox Treatment can seem a little scary at first to new patients. You are unsure what the treatment is going to be like and you may be unsure of what to expect from the results. At Millefiori we focus on making sure that all patients are fully informed for each procedure they do with us. We want to take the time and answer all your questions thoroughly. I have put together a list of the 6 things to expect with your first botox treatment to help put your mind at ease about the procedure.
- Real noticeable results– Most patients will start to notice results within 24-48hrs of their appointment. You can expect to see correction of the moderate frown lines and wrinkles on the face. For full results it may take up to 7 days. Make sure that you consult with your injector to pick the right day especially prior to a big event such as a wedding or birthday celebration.
- Most of our patients here in the office report that the injection of botox feels like a pinch. Here at Millefiori we use ice before the procedure to help with the injection. O
verall botox is a very tolerable procedure.
- The actual injection only takes about 10 minuets in the office. Here at Millefiori we schedule a full 45 minuet appointment to make sure that we have time to discuss your skincare concerns and develop a plan. We also go over any skincare related questions such as skincare product use.
- You will look like yourself but with less frown lines and crows feet wrinkles. You will not lose the ability to smile or make facial expressions. You will not look plastic, fake, or over-done. The results of your procedure are dependent on the skill of the injector. So do your research and make sure you are going to a office with an allergan certified provider that is educated on facial anatomy.
- You can return to your routine immediately– With botox injections there is no downtime and no recovery time. Some of my patients will even pop into the office on there lunch break to get botox and then head straight back to work. There are a few precautions such as not to touch or massage the treated area, that your injector will discuss with you be leaving. All patients are able to return to normal routine and activities immediately after leaving the office.
- The cost of the procedure– Your cost for the treatment not only includes the cost of the actual botox medication but also the skill and expertise of the health care professional that is administering the procedure. Again a botox treatment, the results depend on the qualification of the injector. It is your face, and you want someone with experience to do your procedure. Don’t fall for discounted or “cheap” botox. Remember you get what you pay for and sometimes if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
I hope these 6 tips will help you become more comfortable and prepared about the idea of getting your first Botox treatment. Here at Millefiori as the injector, I pride myself in being a trained specialist who will take the time to understand your needs and develop a skincare plan that is right for you.
If you think you are ready and want to know more about botox or any other skincare procedure at Millefiori please give us a call for a free consultation at 321-821-4778.