Perfect Peel Perfection
But First, what is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel uses a chemical solution to improve the appearance of many different skin issues. The solution is applied to the skin which causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off, leaving skin revitalized.
Picking the right peel can be confusing, so it is important to always consult with a skin care professional or medical professional to see which chemical peel is right for you. Peels are typically categorized into 3 main types: superficial peel, medium depth peel, and a deep peel. Here is a chart to help you better understand the skin layers.
So what is the Perfect Peel?
The Perfect Peel Is a medium depth peel that treats many different skin care concerns such as sun spots, acne scars, dull or aging complexion, etc. What makes this peel unique is that it is great for all skin types, safe, and has little risk of side effects.
The Perfect Peel is virtually painless and only takes 30 minutes to treat. You may experience slight discomfort but after first application, numbing kicks in preventing any painful experiences from surfacing. This powerful blend of acids is safe and effective for treating any skin care concern. Let’s look at these powerhouse ingredients!
What Exactly do the Ingredients fix?
- Kojic Acid: Brightens skin, sunspots, freckles
- Phenol: Repairs and rejuvenates skin
- Retinoic Acid: Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Salicylic Acid: Reduces blemishes and clears breakouts
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA): Reduces scar appearance and hyperpigmentation
- Vitamin C: Allows for firmer, younger appearance.
- Glutathione: Anti-inflammatory, increases skin moisture, suppresses wrinkle formation, and is an effective skin whitener
What to Expect After Peel
- Day 1: Day 1 of your peel appointment most patients look fine, if a bit sunburned
- Day 2: Skin may feel sensitive and tight, can use makeup
- Day 3-6: Visible peeling
How to Get Best Results
- Do peel series: When The Perfect Derma Peel is performed in a series of 3 peels (once a month for 3 months), patients see better results.
- Prep your skin Discontinue retinoids or tretinoin products 3 days before peel
- Stay out of the sun: Your skin will be more susceptible to burning due to sensitivity from peel
- Take a break from your workout: It’s important to avoid sweating or heating the skin, which causes inflammation to occur.
- Follow instructions exactly: Please be sure to read each step in the patient take home booklet and follow the recommendations
Check out this result after only one treatment!